Sometimes, on vacation, while traveling, or at invitations, it's very hard to control the fructose intake. Fructaid® contains the enzyme glucose isomerase and serves to alleviate digestive problems caused by fructose malabsorption. In the small intestine, the enzyme glucose isomerase ensures a glucose-fructose balance, i.e. it always converts as much glucose into fructose or fructose into glucose as is necessary to maintain a balance. So if you have eaten too much fructose, the enzyme ensures that unabsorbed (uningested) fructose is converted into easily absorbable glucose (dextrose).
- An intake at the same time with low-fructose, high glucose products (like a Frusano treat) is not recommended.
- Fructaid® is not intended for use in hereditary fructose intolerance.
- Diabetics must calculate the fructose content of the respective food or drink as glucose when using Fructaid® and may only use Fructaid® under medical supervision.
- Do not take Fructaid® if you have known hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Use by pregnant women, breast-feeding and children only after consultation with a doctor.
- Do not use after the expiration date (printed on the folding carton and blisters).
- Keep Fructaid® out of the reach of children.
- Store Fructaid® at 15 to 25 °C (59 to 77 °F).
Consumption recommendation: Take the capsules a few minutes before consuming fructose-containing meals. The dosage is to be selected individually depending on the sensitivity of the user and the fructose content of the food and drinks. However, no more than 4 capsules should be taken 4 times a day with a little liquid. Since the enzymes are gastro-resistant, the capsules can also be opened and their contents swallowed without the capsule material.
Ingredients:Cellulose, hypromellose, glucose isomerase, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) dispersion 30 %, talc, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, trehalose*, triethyl citrate, E 171. *Trehalose is a source of Glucose